Macro Express Pro 6
Be notified of any new changes - Subscribe to the Macro Express News email newsletter.
We welcome your suggestions for enhancements and improvements.
Please use our online form to report a bug.
Email us with other questions or comments.
Want to know how to upgrade? Upgrade information.
Macro Express Pro v 18.104.22.168 (2021-04-14)
- Changed the number of items displayed in dropdown for the Variable Set String from List command from 8 to 12.
- Fixed the cause of a crash in the Menu Builder.
- Renamed System Macro "Run Macro Express Editor" to "Open Macro Express Explorer".
- Fixed an issue with the If Variable command comparing two decimal variables containing the same value.
- Fixed a problem importing the program configuration when the decimal character is set to ','.
- Fixed the cause of a crash that would occur if Suspend Macro Express is clicked when Macro Express is starting up.
Macro Express Pro v 22.214.171.124 (2021-03-18)
- Fixed a problem converting the Web Site command when a macro written in Macro Express 3 is converted.
- The "Don't close menu after running a macro" option in the Miscellaneous tab of the Menu Builder is now disabled when the Windows Default Menu Style is selected.
- Improved playback of popup and floating menus.
- Log an error instead of crashing when the macro specified by the /A command line parameter does not exist.
- Improved printing of a macro.
- Updated how multiple line comments are displayed.
- Fixed a problem with the Mask option in the "Variable Set String Prompt" command.
- Fixed a problem where the Revision History accessed from the About box was not being updated.
- Clicking on a shortcut to the Macro Express Player when the program is already running now opens the Macro Explorer.
- Improved locating icons assigned to macros when the program is installed in a different location.
- Clicking on a shortcut to Macro Express Explorer now launches the Player if it is not already running. The shortcut to open Macro Express can now be pinned to the taskbar.
- Fixed a problem with the Script Editor where large sized fonts were not always displayed properly.
- Fixed a bug where the first line in a macro could be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where the display of the script was corrupted when scrolling up or down.
- Adjusted the spacing for Comments that span multiple lines.
- Removed Remap Keyboard option.
- Updated the "Ping Site" and "If Ping Successful" commands to be more consistent with each other and to clarify what is allowed in the IP Address/Hostname value.
- Fixed the cause of a crash that occurred when the program was terminated before the M icon went from greyed out to red.
- The Create Folder command now correctly displays an error if the folder could not be created due to an illegal folder name.
- The Delete Folder command no longer makes an entry in the Macro Log.
Macro Express Pro v 126.96.36.199 (2020-09-10)
- The correct macro files are now loaded after Import Program Configuration.
- Adjusted the Clipboard Copy, Clipboard Cut, and Clipboard Paste commands to be more reliable.
- Typing Alt+Up Arrow in the Script Editor sets focus to the "All Commands" / "Favorite Commands" / "Code Snippets" drop down box.
- Typing s or S in the "All Commands" / "Favorite Commands" / "Code Snippets" drop down box now selects Code Snippets.
- The installation program for the non-portable version of Macro Express Pro has been replaced with a new setup program with enhanced security and compatibility with Windows.
- Modified commands so the cursor is in the first field of the command dialog when it first opened.
- Fixed a bug in the Log Messages command where the timestamp format was incorrect unless the Use the Default Macro Log command was enabled.
- When a new macro file is created without browsing to a specific location it is now automatically created in the [Documents]\Insight Software Solutions\Macro Express Pro 6\ folder.
- Added an option to enable Syntax checking if it had been previously disabled.
- When editing a macro or the macro properties a right-click now brings up a popup menu containing a list of the functions available via buttons in Activations, Variables, Scope, and Security tabs.
- The If File Ready command no longer makes an entry in the Macro Log when checking the file.
- Updated to prevent crashes and duplicates when a new category is entered.
- Fixed a bug in the Play Video Clip command that caused the program to freeze if the video file did not exist.
- On a multiple monitor system, if a monitor that the program window was last displayed on is no longer available, the window is displayed on the Primary monitor.
- Adjusted the default size and widths for the Macro Express Explorer window.
- Updated and enhanced the Mouse Locator. The pixel color is now displayed inside the Mouse Locator window. The headers are larger.
- Macro files that are already loaded are no longer listed in the list of files that comes up when Files, Reopen is clicked.
- Fixed an error converting a macro from Macro Express 3 with the Scheduled Activation of When a specified time has elapsed.
- Importing a macro from Macro Express 3 containing a Variable Set String Append to Text File command now correctly sets the 'Add a trailing CR/LF' option.
- Signed with the latest code signing certificate for enhanced security and trust.
- The CheckForUpdates.log is now always located in the Macro Logs folder even when the default Macro Logs folder has been changed.
- Fixed the cause of a crash that could occur when a macro is halted.
- The file and toolbar menus can now no longer be dragged to a different position.
- Updated the "Variable Modify String: Convert to Decimal" command to no longer crash with "Floating point overflow" when the decimal value is too large.
- Updated the "Variable Set Decimal: from the clipboard contents" command to no longer crash with "Floating point overflow" when the decimal value on the clipboard is too large.
- Updated the "Variable Modify Decimal" command to no longer crash with "Invalid floating point operation".
- Fixed a bug setting the default value of the Variable Set String from List command.
- Fixed a problem that caused a crash in the Menu Builder when a macro included in a popup menu was deleted.
- Many other improvements, UI adjustments and bug fixes.
Macro Express Pro v 188.8.131.52 (2019-10-16)
- Added Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F to the list of hotkeys restricted to Windows.
- Fixed a problem with the "Report using Report a Bug webpage" Report method.
- The custom theme settings are now saved via Export Program Configuration and restored via Import Program Configuration.
- Fixed a bug in the Menu Builder when editing or creating SubMenus.
- Added "Cannot open URL" in the HTTP Get On Error tab.
- Made additional improvements when running on ultra high resolution / 4K monitors.
Macro Express Pro v 184.108.40.206 (2019-09-05)
- Made many improvements when running on ultra high resolution / 4K monitors.
- Updated the "Access a program in the System Tray" macro in samples.mex to work with additional Windows 10 machines.
- Fixed a bug where the Menu Builder caption would display incorrect information.
- The Catch Error dialog is now resizable.
- Added alt shortcuts to Clear Variables dialog to allow selecting between the three options using a keyboard.
- Modified the Macro Properties dialog for the Menu of Macros for Topmost Window System Macro to include or exclude Global and Global Except macros.
- Renamed the menu options in the Macro Properties dialog for the Menu of Macros for Topmost Window to 'Macro Name' instead of 'Name and Activation'.
- Fixed the Menu of Macros for Topmost Window to support the three different macro menu options: Icons, Macro Name, and First Part of Macro.
- The Menu of Macros for Topmost Window is resizable if the 'First Part of Macro' menu style is selected.
- Fixed problems with the HTTP Get command.
- Added an option to launch the Direct Editor by default.
- It is now possible to tab into the content of a Text Box Display command. This was added to improve accessibility options.
- The Quick Setup Wizard is now resizable to fix issues when running on ultra high resolution / 4K monitors.
- Adjusted minimum size of Text Box Display.
- If the /A:: command line parameter fails an entry is made in the Macro Log explaining that the specified macro file must be loaded for /A:: to work.
Macro Express Pro v 220.127.116.11 (2019-04-26)
- Variable Set String from Prompt now allows multiple lines of input.
- The Get Control dialog now remembers its previous position on the screen.
- Fixed a problem where the updater would update the program in the location where it was last installed instead of the location where it is currently running.
- Fixed a problem, introduced in v 18.104.22.168, with the Variable Modify Date/Time command when using a decimal variable.
Macro Express Pro v 22.214.171.124 (2019-03-28)
- Added Variable Set String from List command.
- Added new macro commands:
Close Optical Disk Tray, Eject Optical Disk, Restart Computer, Sign Out Computer, Sleep Computer, HTTP Get.
- The System Macro "Menu of Macros for Topmost Window" now displays the Nickname of the macros instead of the first part of the macro.
- Floating menu and Popup menu macros with the Menu Style of "First Part of Macro" or "Nickname and Scope" are now wider.
- Added the option 'Show Activation details', that displays more activation information in the list of macros, to Options, Preferences, Appearance, Explorer.
- Can now halt a macro that is spending too much time processing the content of a variable.
- The Variable Set String from Prompt dialog can now be resized when a macro is running.
- Deprecated these commands:
Repeat Counter, Play CD-ROM, Stop CD-ROM, Pause CD-ROM, CD-ROM Next Track, CD-ROM Previous Track, CD-ROM Goto Track, CD-ROM Step, CD-ROM Back, Eject CD-ROM, Close CD-ROM Tray, Cascade Desktop Windows, Tile Desktop Windows Horizontally, Tile Desktop Windows Vertically, Windows Sizing Border, Dial-Up Networking, If Dial-Up Successful, Hangup, Suspend Computer.
- Added 'Show deprecated commands' option to display deprecated commands.
- Renamed several System commands to more closely match their function in Windows:
Log Off Computer, Reboot Computer, Shut Down Computer, Power Off Computer, Lock Computer, Hibernate Computer.
- Adjusted the mouse activation messages displayed in Script Editor and Macro Explorer when more than one mouse button is selected in the activation.
- Information about errors in Variable Modify Decimal command are now logged.
- The Favorites and Snippets are now imported to Macro Express Pro 6 if they were set in Macro Express Pro 4 when Macro Express Pro 6 is installed for the first time.
- The 'Variable Modify String: Save to File' and 'Variable Modify String: Append to Text File' commands no longer offer integer or decimal variable types.
- Fixed an issue where the details for System Event activated macros were not always displayed.
- Fixed an issue where the CD-ROM commands could not find the optical drives.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash in the Split String command if the Array Variable did not have the correct syntax.
- Fixed a problem where .mxe files / playable macros will not launch properly if another version of Macro Express has been installed and later uninstalled.
- Fixed an issue where Options, Preferences, Activations, Scheduler: "Check the scheduled macros every [ ] seconds" "y" and "[ ]" were too close together on ultra high resolution / 4K monitors.
- Fixed a problem where mouse activated macros would sometimes stop activating.
- Fixed a problem with Mouse Event macro activations that would not allow an activation when more than one mouse button was selected for activation.
- Fixed a problem where a Mouse Activated macro could contain invalid information for the "Specific part of a window".
Macro Express Pro v 126.96.36.199 (2019-01-08)
- The font size now works correctly in the Notes tab on ultra high resolution / 4K monitors.
- The Add Activation dialog in the Script Editor now allows the activation to be selected with keystrokes.
- The 'Show All Commands option after Snippet insert' option is now on by default.
- Reduced the number of times the password is requested when a category has a View password.
- The macro password dialog is now always displayed on top of other windows.
- The Preferences dialog now remembers its position on the screen.
- Changed default font for Text Type dialog to Tahoma.
- Added option to set the font for the Direct Editor.
Macro Express Pro v 188.8.131.52 (2018-12-06)
- Fixed a problem with the LICENSENAME and LICENSE CODE Advanced Installation options.
Macro Express Pro v 184.108.40.206 (2018-11-19)
- New redesign of the program makes it easier than ever to use Macro Express Pro.
- Support for ultra-high definition / 4K monitors.
- Improved the navigation in dialogs and windows.
- Command dialogs are now resizable so you can see more info without scrolling.
- Many commands now allow entering multiple lines of information.
- Themes allow choices that adjust the look and feel of the program. Choose from predefined or custom themes.
- Choose between large or small icons within the program.
- Choose fonts for specific areas of the program.
- Enhanced the Quick Wizards.
- Improved the Quick Setup Wizard that runs when the program is first installed.
- The About box now indicates when an update is available.
- An optional automated update process is included to ensure you are using the latest version.
- Dozens of other enhancements and fixes.
- Updated so more 64 bit processes are included in dialogs listing processes.
- A button now shows the content of the text in the Encrypted Text command.
Revision History for Macro Express 3
Revision History for Macro Express Pro 4
Revision History for Macro Express 5