Macro Express Pro 6
Be notified of any new changes - Subscribe to the Macro Express News email newsletter.
We welcome your suggestions for enhancements and improvements.
Please use our online form to report a bug.
Email us with other questions or comments.
Want to know how to upgrade? Upgrade information.
Macro Express Pro v 184.108.40.206 (2021-04-14)
- Changed the number of items displayed in dropdown for the Variable Set String from List command from 8 to 12.
- Fixed the cause of a crash in the Menu Builder.
- Renamed System Macro "Run Macro Express Editor" to "Open Macro Express Explorer".
- Fixed an issue with the If Variable command comparing two decimal variables containing the same value.
- Fixed a problem importing the program configuration when the decimal character is set to ','.
- Fixed the cause of a crash that would occur if Suspend Macro Express is clicked when Macro Express is starting up.
Macro Express Pro v 220.127.116.11 (2021-03-18)
- Fixed a problem converting the Web Site command when a macro written in Macro Express 3 is converted.
- The "Don't close menu after running a macro" option in the Miscellaneous tab of the Menu Builder is now disabled when the Windows Default Menu Style is selected.
- Improved playback of popup and floating menus.
- Log an error instead of crashing when the macro specified by the /A command line parameter does not exist.
- Improved printing of a macro.
- Updated how multiple line comments are displayed.
- Fixed a problem with the Mask option in the "Variable Set String Prompt" command.
- Fixed a problem where the Revision History accessed from the About box was not being updated.
- Clicking on a shortcut to the Macro Express Player when the program is already running now opens the Macro Explorer.
- Improved locating icons assigned to macros when the program is installed in a different location.
- Clicking on a shortcut to Macro Express Explorer now launches the Player if it is not already running. The shortcut to open Macro Express can now be pinned to the taskbar.
- Fixed a problem with the Script Editor where large sized fonts were not always displayed properly.
- Fixed a bug where the first line in a macro could be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where the display of the script was corrupted when scrolling up or down.
- Adjusted the spacing for Comments that span multiple lines.
- Removed Remap Keyboard option.
- Updated the "Ping Site" and "If Ping Successful" commands to be more consistent with each other and to clarify what is allowed in the IP Address/Hostname value.
- Fixed the cause of a crash that occurred when the program was terminated before the M icon went from greyed out to red.
- The Create Folder command now correctly displays an error if the folder could not be created due to an illegal folder name.
- The Delete Folder command no longer makes an entry in the Macro Log.
Macro Express Pro v 18.104.22.168 (2020-09-10)
- The correct macro files are now loaded after Import Program Configuration.
- Typing Alt+Up Arrow in the Script Editor sets focus to the "All Commands" / "Favorite Commands" / "Code Snippets" drop down box.
- Typing s or S in the "All Commands" / "Favorite Commands" / "Code Snippets" drop down box now selects Code Snippets.
- The installation program for the non-portable version of Macro Express Pro has been replaced with a new setup program with enhanced security and compatibility with Windows.
- Modified commands so the cursor is in the first field of the command dialog when it first opened.
- Fixed a bug in the Log Messages command where the timestamp format was incorrect unless the Use the Default Macro Log command was enabled.
- When a new macro file is created without browsing to a specific location it is now automatically created in the [Documents]\Insight Software Solutions\Macro Express Pro 6\ folder.
- Added an option to enable Syntax checking if it had been previously disabled.
- When editing a macro or the macro properties a right-click now brings up a popup menu containing a list of the functions available via buttons in Activations, Variables, Scope, and Security tabs.
- The If File Ready command no longer makes an entry in the Macro Log when checking the file.
- Updated to prevent crashes and duplicates when a new category is entered.
- Fixed a bug in the Play Video Clip command that caused the program to freeze if the video file did not exist.
- On a multiple monitor system, if a monitor that the program window was last displayed on is no longer available, the window is displayed on the Primary monitor.
- Updated and enhanced the Mouse Locator. The pixel color is now displayed inside the Mouse Locator window. The headers are larger.
- Macro files that are already loaded are no longer listed in the list of files that comes up when Files, Reopen is clicked.
- Fixed an error converting a macro from Macro Express 3 with the Scheduled Activation of When a specified time has elapsed.
- Importing a macro from Macro Express 3 containing a Variable Set String Append to Text File command now correctly sets the 'Add a trailing CR/LF' option.
- The CheckForUpdates.log is now always located in the Macro Logs folder even when the default Macro Logs folder has been changed.
- Fixed the cause of a crash that could occur when a macro is halted.
- Updated the "Variable Modify String: Convert to Decimal" command to no longer crash with "Floating point overflow" when the decimal value is too large.
- Updated the "Variable Set Decimal: from the clipboard contents" command to no longer crash with "Floating point overflow" when the decimal value on the clipboard is too large.
- Updated the "Variable Modify Decimal" command to no longer crash with "Invalid floating point operation".
- Fixed a bug setting the default value of the Variable Set String from List command.
- Fixed a problem that caused a crash in the Menu Builder when a macro included in a popup menu was deleted.
- Many other improvements, UI adjustments and bug fixes.
Revision History for Macro Express 3
Revision History for Macro Express Pro 4
Revision History for Macro Express 5
Full Revision History for Macro Express Pro 6