Macro Express Pro v 22.214.171.124
- Removed the 'Debug Variables' pane from the script editor. The variable values are now contained in a new, floating window. This window is available under Debug > Show Variable Values. Also, the window will only show the variables that have been modified, making it easy to see what variables are in use by the macro.
- Added an option to convert a date/time variable to a string in the 'Variable Modify Date/Time' command.
- Added a 'Close Macro File' command. If the command attempts to close the only open macro file, the 'Cannot close file' error will be thrown.
- Macro icon paths are now virtualized so they can be portable between version of Windows.
- Made a change to the 'Load New Macro File' so that if a macro file is already loaded, the file will still be reloaded in addition to throwing the 'Already Loaded' error message.
- If the user attempts to delete a macro that is currently being edited, no action is taken and the user is informed why.
- Made a modification to make the emailing of attachments more reliable.
- When the system tray icon is specified to launch a macro, instead of opening the explorer, if the macro file is not open, it will be opened before the macro is launched.
- When installing an update, the installer will now default to the path where Macro Express Pro was previously installed.
- Modified the potential shortkey conflict warning.
- The F1 key now brings up the help in the script editor's find/replace dialog.
- When reporting an error, the memory is now reported correctly on 64-bit systems.
- A macro that is currently being edited can no longer be recaptured until it is closed out of the script editor.
- Removed the ability to delete a macro that is being edited in the script editor.
- The 'Audio Mute Toggle' command now works properly on Windows Vista.
- The 'Volume Up' and 'Volume Down' commands now work properly on Vista systems.
- The 'shield' icon is now displayed next to the 'License Information' on the help menu for Windows Vista and Windows 7 machines.
- Added Windows 7 to the 'Get OS Version String' and 'OS Version' commands.
- Updated the sample macros to support Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 and to improve reliability.
- Uninstall now works on Windows 7.
- The trial license now works on Windows 7.
- Crashes that occur on Windows 7 now say Windows 7 in the crash report.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Variable Modify String: Split' command that caused it to fail if the text contained a '%' symbol.
- Changed a default in the explorer so that the macro file is opened the first time the program is run instead of the 'System Macros'.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Email Send' command where attachments were not always sent properly.
- Fixed a problem where the name of the macro file in the 'Main Icon Action' was blanked out if the macro file is closed.
- Fixed a problem where macros could not be deleted from the Macro Recycle Bin if it contained macros from multiple macro files.
- Fixed an 'I/O Error 32' that was being caused by running the 'Macro Enable/Disable' command too many times per minute.
- Made a fix to prevent additional syntax errors when there are mismatched 'Mouse Down' and 'Mouse Up' commands.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Log Errors' command where the checkbox displayed the wrong text.
- Fixed a bug that caused Macro Express to lock up when displaying dialog windows.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Ping' command where URLs were not cleaned up properly.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Date/Time' command where errors relating to incorrect variables were not being generated properly.
- Disabled several menu options in the script editor when the 'Script' tab is not currently being viewed.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Text Box Display' command where an integer variable could not be used in the 'Delay' field.
- Fixed a bug that caused the system tray icon to no longer respond when running as administrator on Windows Vista with UAC enabled.
- Fixed a bug in several file operation commands where the destination directory would be deleted.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Variable Set Date: Prompt' command where the date field was not a dropdown calendar.
- Removed several mouse cursors from the 'If Mouse Cursor' and 'Wait for Mouse Cursor' commands due to the fact that they are custom cursors and cannot actually be tested for.
- Fixed a bug where the 'Variable Restore' command would not update the values in the debugger's variable list.
- Fixed a bug where passwords assigned to 'All Categories' did not propogate down the category tree properly.
- Fixed a bug on floating menus where the focus was not returned properly.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Timed Delay' commands where some applications would cause Macro Express to skip the delay.
- Fixed a bug where the browse button for the Default Keyboard Remapping Directory in the preferences changed the Crash Report Directory path instead.
- Changes to the 'Crash Report Directory' and 'Default Keyboard Remapping Directory' settings are now correctly saved.
- Fixed a bug where the user could not step into a 'Macro Run' command while debugging.
- Fixed a memory leak that occurred in the window title activation routines.
- The 'PostMessage' command no longer ignores variables in any of the fields.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Global Except' scope where all of the conditions had to be met in order to have the macro not execute.
- It is now possible to completely delete an inline comment using the 'Comment' button on the right-side of the script editor.
- Fixed a bug in the 'If Macro' command where the filename field was required.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Timed Text Box' command where an integer variable could not be used in the 'time' field.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Variable Modify String: Save to File' command where it would erroneously throw errors about undefined variables.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Schedule: Idle' option.
- Fixed a bug where the 'Multiple Choice Menu' command would create a second column prematurely.
- Fixed a justification problem in the 'Multiple Choice Menu' command.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Multiple Choice Menu' where some items were split into multiple items.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Multiple Choice Menu' command where the '9' option returned 'Z'.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Multiple Choice Menu' command where the options for 'AA' and above could not be preset.
- Fixed a crash that occurred in connection with the 'Load New Macro File' command.
- Fixed a crash in the explorer that was caused by modifying a macro via macro commands.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when running a popup or floating menu from a file that is in a read-only directory.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when switching from the Explorer to the Recycle Bin views.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when creating a new macro category.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the Macro Explorer.
- Fixed a crash that could occasionally occur when closing a tab in the script editor.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using an undefined variable in the contents of the 'Multiple Choice Menu' command.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the script editor attempts to load the inline comments on a corrupted macro, or a macro that was recaptured using a previous version.
Release Notes for Previous Versions
Release Notes for Current Versions.