- During macro file synchronization, if the macro file does not exist temporarily, an error message is not displayed
- If the license information exists on the clipboard, it can be automatically entered into the program.
- A File Not Found error message is now displayed when /IC is used and the specified preference file does not exist.
- Importing program configuration via the /IC command line flag will no longer display an error message for non administrator users.
- When creating the temporary file for save operations, up to five backups are now kept in the temporary directory.
- Added a warning message that, upon program startup, will warn the user that automatic backups are not enabled and will prompt them to enable them.
- Changed the default for the automatic backups from never to always.
- Added some code to detect how many printers are installed and enable or disable options appropriately.
- Fixed a bug where the recapturing of a macro created a second copy of that macro with the new script.
- Made an improvement in the Mouse Locator to make it compatable with more programs.
- Fixed a bug where in the "E-Mail Send" command, using a variable for a recipient could end up causing the recipient to receive the e-mail multiple times.
- If the "Repeat with Process" was embedded inside another repeat loop, the program would jump to the outer loop when a "Repeat Exit" command was executed.
- A change was made to the Wait for Web Page command to improve reliability on certain computers.
- Fixed a bug where the Launch Program set of commands didn't launch programs properly all of the time.
- Made a modification to make switching views in the macro explorer window more reliable.
- Modified the code that expands a category of commands in the script editor in an attempt to make it more reliable.
- Fixed a bug where a copied macro would not be playable right away.
- Fixed a bug in the "E-Mail Send" command where the user could not adjust the "Display e-mail sent notification" option.
- Fixed a bug where shifted international keystrokes could not be entered while running Macro Express.
- Fixed a range check error that could occur while resizing a window.
- On computers with multiple monitors, the About box is now displayed centered on the same monitor as the main form.
- Modified the ShortKeys implementation in order to make activation more reliable.
- Modified the routines that handle the macro file so that the tables required to locate macros is always up-to-date.
- Fixed a bug that could cause ShortKeys to stop functioning when using the "Send HotKey for Window Activation" option.
- Fixed an out of memory error that could occur if the user attempts to load a text file into a string variable that is too large.
- In a "Text Type" command, if the <RCTRL> command is used twice successively (i.e. <RCTRL><RCTRL>) then the key will be pressed and released. This also holds true for the <LCTRL> command.
- Fixed a bug where the "If Ping Successful" command could return a successful result, even if it wasn't successful.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the user attempted to run a playable macro while the player is suspended.
- When the Apply button is clicked in the Preferences dialog, the View setting is no longer reset.
- The menu style is set to the default value when the 'Restore Defaults' button is clicked in the preferences panel.
- Fixed a bug where monthly scheduled macros stopped working after the beginning of the new year.
- Fixed a bug in ProcessVars that could occur if % characters were near a variable reference.
- The Network Connect command now uses the Name and Password used to log onto Windows if the 'Use Default Name and Password' option is checked.
- After a program configuration is imported, the correct program version is now written to the registry, overwriting the incorrect version from the program configuration.
- Made a change so that Macro Express will be able to detect a time format change, even while it is running.
- Fixed a bug where the Tile Desktop Vertically and Tile Desktop Horizontally commands did not respond to copy and paste.
- Fixed a crash that occured in the Date/Time command when the command was created in one international region and used in another.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in the "Default Printer" command.
- Made a change to prevent a crash that occurs when populating the macro explorer.
- Made a change to prevent a crash after capturing a macro.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when pasting a script segment into the script editor.
- Made an adjustment to correct a crash that occurs when deleting files with the "Delete File/Files" command.
- Fixed a crash caused by running a blank macro.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while importing the program's configuration from the commandline.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when launching a macro.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when running the "Wait for Webpage" command.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using the "Wait for Webpage" command.
Release Notes for Previous Versions
Release Notes for Current Version