- Fixed a bug in the scripting editor where the title bar
would indicate that the user is in the Macro Explorer.
- Window titles in Window Activated macros no longer get
trimmed when determining if the user did not enter any data.
- Reworked the logic that handles backing up the file in
order to clear up several errors that people were having.
- The printout from the Macro Explorer now prints the windows/programs
which apply to macros that have a specific scope.
- Deleted macros will no longer be outputted in the "Output
Macro Information" export option.
- Made an adjustment in the window activations to improve
the reliability of the caching mode while playing a macro.
- The TextType command interpreted all "<Fxx>"
sequences to be F keys. Now, if a number not between 1 and
24 is entered in the xx portion, the keystrokes are played
back instead of as an F key.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when attempting to import
a playable macro and the activation was not correctly set.
- Modified the program configuration file to contain the
program name so as to avoid importing the settings from
- Fixed a "silent death" that occurred when attempting
to import macros.
- Fixed a bug where, when test-running a macro with Macro
Run commands in it, the script editor would flash continuously
and eventually cause the editor to hang and possibly stall
the computer system.
- Made an adjustment so that if the editor crashes, but
the player stays open, a restart of the player is not necessary
to relaunch the editor.
- Moved the location of the temporary file used during a
test run to the temporary directory.
- Fixed a bug where, when capturing a macro as program specific,
the executable name was incomplete and had weird characters
- The "Output Macro Information" dialog will now
print the items sorted in the same order as the Macro Explorer.
- Made a change to improve reliability when clicking on
the system tray icon to activate the Editor when using Windows
- Made an adjustment to the "Run Macro Express Editor"
system macro so that if the editor executable does not exist,
then the license information will brought up instead.
- Fixed an access violation that occurred occasionally when
a macro was finished executing.
- Fixed a bug where the combobox for the control in the
Text Type command was not repositioning correctly.
- The "Log Errors" command will no longer log
when a macro is started and finished when the "Macro
Run" command is used.
- Fixed a bug where the "Switch" command worked
- Fixed a bug that caused a copy and paste operation of
the "Get ASCII Value/Char" commands to be incorrect.
- Fixed a bug where the "Empty Recycle Bin" command
could not be copied or pasted.
- Made some adjustments to make the "Set Value From
Clipboard" options of the "Variable Set"
commands more reliable.
- Fixed a bug where macros scheduled to run when the file
is loaded ran after capturing a macro.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when editing a text file inside
of the script editor (through the "Load Macro Text
- Resolved an access violation occurring in the editor.
- Fixed an access violation that occasionally occurred when
shutting down a window.
- The successful completion of a macro is no longer logged
when using the "Log Errors" command. It is only
logged when the macro's "Use Log" option or the
global "Log Macros" option are selected.
- Fixed a bug that added quotation marks to the window title
when copy/pasting the Window Reposition command.
- Removed any delays of 0 milliseconds when capturing a
- Fixed an issue where sometimes, when using the "Match
First Char" option, the first character of the replacement
text would be uppercased incorrectly.
- If Macro Express encounters a problem parsing a macro
during runtime, instead of crashing with a Range Check Error,
the last successful command will be listed and the macro
will be aborted.
- Window and control macros are no longer checked when Macro
Express is suspended.
- Fixed a bug where browsing for a favorite in the "Web
Site" command would not return anything in Windows
- Added the ability to prompt for a date or time in the
- Fixed the "Invalid Hook Handle" error.
- Made an adjustment so that all fields in the Scripting
and Direct Editors now properly respond to the cut, copy
and paste commmands.
- Fixed an occasional crash that occurred when the player
is sending messages to the editor.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when changing a Text File/ASCII
File Begin Process command to the appropriate End Process
- Fixed a bug in the "If Variable" command so
that the second variable does not become unselected when
choosing a new first variable.
- Added a "Browse" button to the Window Activation
settings in the macro properties.
- Set a minimum size to which the main window can be resized.
- Fixed a refresh issue with the main window's status bar
and Windows XP.
- Modified the layout of the registry command dialogs.
- Added an "If Registry" command.
- Fixed a crash that occurs when using controls.
- Macro Express will now tell the user which ShortKey macro
conflicts with the macro currently being saved, if there
is a conflict.
- Added "Repeat with Windows" command which allows
the user to run through the list of running windows.
- Made an adjustment so that if commands that require no
parameters are selected, then they are just added to the
script without a dialog. Some commands did this while others
did not. Now they all do this.
- When printing a macro, any notes associated with the macro
will now be printed as well.
- Added the ability for the Text Type command to send text
directly to a control instead of the focused window.
- Added "Delete Registry Value" command.
- Added the ability to select "Variable Set Integer
to Control xxx" directly from the editor without having
to hunt down the appropriate commands.
- Moved the "Run on Windows' Startup" option to
the Preferences window.
- Added a "Does not Contain" to the "If Variable"
- Added a feature where the Recycle Bin icon in the Actions
Bar now indicates if there are deleted macros.
- Changed the menu system of Macro Express to resemble a
more modern look.
- Renamed "Repeat Exit" to "Break" and
extended it so that it can exit out of Text and ASCII File
- Blank remarks are now displayed as blanks lines in the
Scripting Editor instead of "//".
- Added Help menu option to the script's context (right-click)
- The Macro Run command now arranges the macros in its list
by category instead of sorting alphabetically.
- Added the ability to enable/disable all macros in a specific
- Added a "Hidden" option when launching a program
in order to quickly hide a window upon launch.
- Added the ability to browse for a destination path in
the "Copy File/Files" set of commands.
- The "Variable Set From Prompt" commands will
now default their values to whatever the variable contains
when the command is executed.
- The macro nicknames can no longer be edited from the Explorer.
They must be edited from one of the editors.
- Added "Store if Cancelled" to the "Variable
Set from Prompt" commands.
Revision history for Previous Versions
Revision history for Current Version